Friday, May 26, 2006

Casio Exilim Point and Shoot

Here are some images from my pocket camera, a Casio Exilim. I don't even know how many "megapixels" it has. 5MP, maybe. But I'm not using it for printing. Just to have something handy when I'm on the go. My big ol' Canon lenses don't fit into my pocket too well.




The funny thing is that at every wedding I shoot, without fail, I get asked by someone at a wedding, usualy a guy, like an uncle or something... "How many megapixels does that thing have?". It doesn't bother me, but it's just funny.

Once Jenny was shooting and someone asked her how many "megaplexes" her camera had. That's even funnier! Megaplexes!!! What are those?


Here's a random story.

Yesterday I was at 7-11 getting a protien bar, and I wanted to get a diet pepsi slurpee, but their slurpee machine was down. I was a little disgruntled about that. But anyway, there was this girl buying a grape soda behind me. I didn't think much of it, except, "she better brush her teeth after she drinks that".

So I got in my car and started to pull out of the parking lot. There was the girl, crossing the street. She was looking somewhat frantic, and she couldn't get across because there was too much traffic. Then I realized why she was frantic, she was missing her bus! The bus was stopped.

Finally a car stopped and let her go by. This whole time I was waiting for traffic to stop too, so that I could get going, but I was really involved with what was going on here. So the girl starts running, like full speed. I could feel that the bus was just about to go. I was really cheering on this girl in my head.

So she's running and running and she had a bag and dropped it! By this time I was gritting my teeth as she turned back to get her bag. You could really feel her tension. It was making me anxious! By the time she grabbed her bag from the ground and started heading back, the bus was leaving.

I was heartbroken for the girl, and was contemplating whether or not I should offer to give this girl a ride to the next bus stop or something. Meanwhile, she's chasing the bus at full speed on foot, waving her arms, and yelling, "STOP STOP STOP!!!".

This story has a good ending! The bus driver saw her and stopped! I felt like cheering.

Anyway, there's story time for you. Did you know I'm wearing a robe and smoking a pipe right now? OK, you got me, I'm not.

No comments: